FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch resize 1 pic to different sizes

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Uli Kunkel
Batch resize 1 pic to different sizes
on Aug 16, 2011 at 8:44:24 pm

I am trying to take an image and create an action to resize it to multiple sizes for a website.

For example, I have an image that's 800x800, and I want to resize it to 500x200, 500x300, and 300x100.

I'm able to create an action for 1 resize just fine. However, when it comes to saving the resized image and opening the original and starting the next action for the different size, it gets tricky. Ideally, I would like to append something to the original filename to distinguish between all the different sizes as well.

Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
Re: Batch resize 1 pic to different sizes
on Aug 17, 2011 at 4:40:53 pm

Have you tried first doing the action on a duplicate so the original remains intact and also copying the action once finished once through and just changing parameters for each size/crop change? in other words, you would open the original file, duplicate it, perform an action on the duplicate and save, then dup the original again and perform similar actions...rinse, repeat.

Jonathan Ziegler
http://www.electrictiger.com/
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Uli Kunkel
on Aug 17, 2011 at 4:46:53 pm

I actually just figured this out yesterday. Here's what I did:

First, I created an action that resized the image to the size I wanted. It contained 2 steps: 1) Fit Image to, then 2) Canvas size.

This generated the images in the sizes I needed.

Then I created a big action that took the original image and added as many layers to it as I needed resized copies. So, if I needed a picture in 10 different sizes, I would add 10 layers in the action.

The next step in the action was to re-name all of those layers.

Then, Select the base layer. Run the first resize action (still recording the big long action).

The picture is resized. Brilliant. Cmd+A, Cmd+C.

Go to the History tab, and click back THREE (3) steps. This will put the image and canvas back to where it was before you ran the resize action.

Click on the first new layer you created. Cmd+V, paste in the resized image.

Click the base layer, and repeat these steps until you've made all the resized images you want.

Stop recording big action.

Then, turn off the base layer and choose File>Scripts>Export Layers as Files. Make sure you have "Trim Files" selected.

And, BOOM!. You got yourself resized image files.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Ziegler
on Aug 17, 2011 at 4:43:19 pm

forgot to mention - it's Image >> Duplicate...

Jonathan Ziegler
http://www.electrictiger.com/
520-360-8293

Return to posts index

Ryan Ron
on Aug 10, 2012 at 7:24:31 pm

Hey friends if you are looking for batch image converter then I have recommended you “ReaConverter”.
I have great experience of working with ReaConverter. It does prove really very helpful for me while I have a bunch of images and I need to convert and resize all of them. With the help of ReaConverter can convert them all at once.

batch image converter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]