FORUMS: list search recent posts

PS hor Video Problems

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dorian Weber
PS hor Video Problems
on Aug 3, 2011 at 2:55:29 pm

For a presentation I need to insert video into a still photo and use PS CS5.
I have 2 different scenes and also 2 different problems:
1 Scene:the video is 1280x720. I need to fit it into a frame which size is 428x960.
I open the c;in in PS. I set the pixel dimensions in the crop tool and crop the video. (I have to do it manually, because the crop is just below the bottom right logo.
After cropping, I hit enter and the video is in the exact dimensions..... but only the cut out of the background. When I use the move tool. I can move the video up and down. It is like I cut a window in a cardboard and then move it up or down.
I can not find a way to really cut the video size-like a still photo.
What happen is, that when I move the 428x960 frame into a still photo, then it moves the full 1280x720 frame into the new PS file.
I could not find a solution, so I exported the file to video and then opened the exported clip and dragged it then into the still photo. It is a room where the video is on a frame on the wall.
There are some items in the fore ground, so I use a layer mask which I fill with black. When I export the video, it works very well.
That brings me to the 2. clip/problem.
I did the same again.. but different clip and different room. Again layer mask to keep the foreground showing.. export it, every time it exports, as there would be no layer mask. Meaning to say, the foreground is hidden by the video panel.
I am totally confused.. first time worked so well, second time not at all... what did I miss out the second time?

Thank you

Dorian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]