FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using Photoshop for lower third - to FCP 7

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Holzapfel
Using Photoshop for lower third - to FCP 7
on Jul 29, 2011 at 7:18:36 pm

Hello All,

Thanks to Rich Harrington for the lower third tutorials! I have a question. I am trying to
create a lower third for NTSC DVD video (16x9). My FCP sequence settings are:

720x480, NTSC DV (3:2), pixel aspect at NTSC - CCIR 601 DV, and anamorphic is checked.

I am mixing video and stills on the same timeline. The video format is 1920x1080 in the timeline.

I have created a lower third in Photoshop using the 16x9 anamorphic settings in photoshop:
at 720x480 and 72dpi. When I bring the layered tiff (with alpha channel) into FCP,
the lower third is too small. When I stretch to fill the image, it pixelates.

Any ideas here? Do I need to post this in the FCP forum?

Thanks,

Eholz1

Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects, Photoshop

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Using Photoshop for lower third - to FCP 7
on Jul 29, 2011 at 9:39:53 pm

If you sequence is 1920 X 1080 use the corresponding preset in Photoshop to match

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Using Photoshop for lower third - to FCP 7
on Aug 8, 2011 at 11:22:01 pm

Image files from Photoshop to FCP has always been goofy for me. I think I was able to get it to work a couple different ways. One is to use square pixels and use the pixel dimensions recommended by Apple - I think 853x480 and remember to set it to Anamorphic once you import it into FCP: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3027409?start=0&tstart=0

LittleBlackBird.net

GraphicsDump.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]