FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photoshop Colored Pencil Filter

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Roediger
Photoshop Colored Pencil Filter
on Jul 7, 2011 at 4:42:27 pm

Hi all!

I'm putting together a motion graphics title sequence for a comedy troupe and would like to create, from photos supplied by the team, a hand drawn feel. I took photos of the actress (two men and one woman make the team) and after removing the background, duplicating, applying the colored pencil filter and multiplying that over the original photo, the effect works rather well.

i moved onto the first actor and after pulling him from the background and duplicating the first photo's layer, when i go to the filter gallery and select "colored pencils" the paper is colored BLUE!? I have restarted, safe booted and restarted again only to have the paper background of the effect remain a deep blue. Paper brightness is up to 50 (max) and i can't get the paper white. if i multiply this layer the entire pic will be a DEEP dark blue.

I have no idea what i've done differently for the actor that i didn't do for the actress. Could it be that they are wearing different clothes? I doubt it, but it's possible.

Please help! I'd like to get this project done this weekend and i'm getting stuck in Photoshop before I even get to AfterEffects!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Emily Carmichael
Re: Photoshop Colored Pencil Filter
on Jul 9, 2011 at 3:13:14 pm

Some of the filters, like colored pencil, depend on what colors are selected as your foreground and background colors at the moment you invoke the filters dialogue. To get the same appearance you got for the actress, you'll need the same colors selected. Perhaps they were the default black on white? (Press D to get those quickly.)

Return to posts index

Eric Roediger
Re: Photoshop Colored Pencil Filter
on Jul 9, 2011 at 4:58:55 pm

THANK YOU! I had a feeling it would be an easy-to-understand explanation, but I would not have thought about the color selections.

Thanks again! That's a huge help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]