FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color cast when soft proofing with one particular profile - why?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Pat
Color cast when soft proofing with one particular profile - why?
on Jun 18, 2011 at 5:37:20 pm

I recently switched from using a Spyder3Print SR printer profiling solution to an i1Pro, using i1Match to generate the profiles. I use CS3 in a Windows7 x64 environment. I have my Color Management settings in PS set up to convert to aRGB, printing is done with PS managing colors. My Canon Pro9000 printer is set up for No color management (been doing this a while with a long line of printers and earlier versions of PS).

All of my profiles (from both S3P and the one I'll be talking about from i1Match) are ICC version 2. When I soft proof using my S3P created profiles I get something very much along the lines of what I see with the printed output. With the first profile I created with i1Match, for one of my standard papers that I have S3P profiles for already, I get a nasty green cast when viewing the soft proof. The interesting thing is that the printed output is just about spot on - much better than the untweaked profiles I created with S3P (I've found that my S3P profiles generally require a bit of tweaking, but that's neither here nor there).

I've tried viewing the soft proof in Perceptual, Relative Colorimteric, Absolute... It doesn't make a difference. Can anyone lend insight into what is happening here?

My monitor is also profiled with my i1Pro. Test images look spot on.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]