FORUMS: list search recent posts

Anyone seen any Cool Document Photography?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Gilmour
Anyone seen any Cool Document Photography?
on Jun 14, 2011 at 4:44:36 am

This is kind of a weird question, and since there isn't really a photography forum, I thought this might be a good place...

I'm just curious if anyone has seen any cool examples of document photography they'd care to share?

I have a bunch of documents, letters, mementos etc. I want to photograph in a cool artistic way for an upcoming wedding. Legibility isn't important. I'm just looking for any examples with cool use of lighting, composition, and Photoshop processing. I haven't been able to find much on this topic.

Thanks,

Return to posts index

Alan Lloyd
Re: Anyone seen any Cool Document Photography?
on Jun 14, 2011 at 2:09:20 pm

The best thing I can suggest is to shoot them clean and do things in post. Anything you do in camera you can't take out.

That said, I've done stuff before in video with moves and "breakup" lighting that turned them into a kind of motion graphics.

Putting them over a nice looking background is also handy. Something I did long ago was crumpling blackwrap, spreading the very textured pieces back open, and hitting them with raking beams of colored light, then panning slowly across, and combining multiple passes in an edit.

Those are all video-related. There are parts of that you can use for still imagery, or are you talking about ultimately using these for motion?

Return to posts index

Chad Gilmour
on Jun 17, 2011 at 2:24:49 am

I hear ya, I didn't really want to bust out a video camera. I guess I was looking for any cool ways people have photoshoped pictures of that nature.

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Jun 19, 2011 at 3:21:16 am

Shoot at various angles, shallow depth of field and give your images a variety of color treatments (or colorize to what fits the context of the design).

example of something I shot at a wedding:

2461_01.jpg.zip

LittleBlackBird.net

GraphicsDump.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]