FORUMS: list search recent posts

Edit a pic to import into video as logo

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Neer
Edit a pic to import into video as logo
on Jun 5, 2011 at 7:26:23 pm

I have a picture of a business that all i want is the store name to use as a logo in an Avid Media Composer video production. I can edit the pic find but can't import the pic without the background being a solid white color.

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Edit a pic to import into video as logo
on Jun 7, 2011 at 3:42:23 am

Find out what formats are supported by Avid. Without knowing, I'd try a Photoshop or Targa file with an alpha channel.

LittleBlackBird.net

GraphicsDump.com

Return to posts index

John Neer
on Jun 7, 2011 at 3:54:45 am

Avid supports many formats. Is what is need to do is save in Photoshop the edited pictures as an alpha channel...would that be saved as an jpeg or other format?

Thanks for you help...I'm still not sure if I understand what to do.

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Jun 7, 2011 at 4:46:51 am

you need to clip out the logo so there's transparency - do you know how to mask something in Photoshop?

Once you've masked the logo, save it as a Photoshop file (.psd), or save it as a 24/bit Targa file (.tga). Also, make sure you're editing in Photoshop in RGB color space.

LittleBlackBird.net

GraphicsDump.com

Return to posts index

John Neer
on Jun 7, 2011 at 4:57:07 am

O.K. I will work on this and try to master it...thanks so much for your kindness in helping me. I haven't used masking but will get to it my friend!

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Jun 8, 2011 at 3:11:29 am

there are a couple ways i mask things - sometimes with the lasso tool, but mostly with the pen tool. if you use the pen tool, once you've completed your path, in the path palette, select the icon to convert the path to a selection (load path as a selection). at this point you can choose to feather your selection - depending on the situation this feather will vary - I tend to feather .5px - 1px depending on the size of the original image. then create your mask on that layer by selecting the mask icon at the bottom of the layers palette.

LittleBlackBird.net

GraphicsDump.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]