FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cursor oddities

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger Burton
Cursor oddities
on Jun 1, 2011 at 4:20:43 pm

Hi chaps ... I have been using P/shop for years, never had a problem, I'm on a mac using CS4, today when I pick the brush I get the eye dropper cursor when the cursor is hovering over the image (mouse up), it paints when I left click, as normal - very strange. I'm sure I've checked everything - reset and deleted prefs, repaired permissions and restarted ... I can, of course, reinstall but have never done it before and have heard (having googled the problem) about odd problems reinstalling like the need to de-register etc, so any advice as to a solution to the cursor problem or advice on the best way of reinstalling photoshop I'd be most grateful.

Best Roger

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Cursor oddities
on Jun 2, 2011 at 2:44:03 am

Is your option key stuck? Switch keyboards

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

Roger Burton
on Jun 2, 2011 at 5:17:37 am

Thanks Richard, sorry I checked that, but I have since run 'cocktail' deleted the prefs etc and it seems to be OK now - go figure !

Good of you to take the time.

Roger

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Jun 3, 2011 at 3:39:00 am

Run cocktail often. Or, leave your computer on 24/7 so the OSX scripts that start in the early morning can run automatically and clean stuff up. I repair permissions through disk utility often to help prevent issues.

LittleBlackBird.net

GraphicsDump.com

Return to posts index

Roger Burton
on Jun 3, 2011 at 5:47:24 am

Good advice, thanks Scott ...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]