Render Video-Range problem

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sean lloyd
Render Video-Range problem
on May 29, 2011 at 4:15:40 am

Hi All,

Hope this message finds you well.

I'm having a strange problem. I have prepared some PS files that I will use later in FCP or AE. I need to make Quicktimes out of them from PS which I have done with one of the files and it worked fine. The clip was ten seconds long and that is plenty for my needs. But when I have tried to make others with the same batch of files, I have no frames adjustment on the RANGE window that comes up from the RENDER VIDEO screen and hence the clips that are generated are only a frame long.

What is confusing is that the files are identical in every way other than the content and I have pulled in some random files and made clips and everything worked fine.

The files that I am working with are JPEGs. I have also tried TIFFS and had the same result. I have checked every parameter that I can think of, both in PS and in the finder and everything is the same. Very bizarre

If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate hearing from you. Thanks...Ian

PS CS4

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Render Video-Range problem
on May 29, 2011 at 4:28:45 am

Are you sure you still have video layers (and didn't rasterize).

Call up timeline (Animation panel) and drag through

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

sean lloyd
on May 29, 2011 at 4:50:55 am

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the response. I didn't create any video layers, just a JPEG that is flattened. I looked at the Animation panel and there is just one the one frame there.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on May 29, 2011 at 4:52:49 am

Ummm one frame = one frame

I don't think you understand the purpose of the command you're trying to work with.

It's for video layers or timeline based animations

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

sean lloyd
on May 29, 2011 at 5:07:06 am

Perhaps. I haven't used it before, but when I did the first frame it worked just as I wanted it to. It made a high res move of my frame that has text in it which I will import into FCP and edit as a movie not as a JPEG. Because whenever I import text directly into FCP the resolution isn't very good. Also, since every other JPEG that I try this same thing on works like I want it to, it indicates that something is strange with the few that don't.

Return to posts index

sean lloyd
on May 29, 2011 at 4:55:37 am

The one thing that I did find that is different in in the one that isn't working is that a frame shows up on the Timeline at all. In the JPEG that works nothing shows in the Animation timeline. Thanks...Ian

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on May 29, 2011 at 5:07:05 am

You are so wasting your time

TIFF or PSD with alpha channel

Avoid JPEG.

You really need to start watching the COW's Photoshop for Video podcast and pick up book of same name,

Return to posts index

sean lloyd
on May 29, 2011 at 5:21:27 am

If it did what it did the first time with JPEG or TIFF or whatever, it would be very fast. If you know of a better way then tell me what it is or send me a link. Your attitude or description doesn't help me.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on May 29, 2011 at 5:22:11 am

Click the Podcast button at top of page. Watch several of the movies.

Look up alpha channels and transparency.

Creating movies is a waste of time and disk space.

Return to posts index

sean lloyd
on May 29, 2011 at 5:37:59 am

I will check them out, but these are just titles. Thanks for your help...Ian

Return to posts index

sean lloyd
on May 29, 2011 at 5:49:03 am

Ultimately this doesn't work for me, because I need the texture that I made behind my text, but this( for those who may have been following this thread) is a very good tutorial. Thanks Richard...Ian

Return to posts index

sean lloyd
on May 29, 2011 at 5:51:32 am

Also my work around was to just add frames to the Animation timeline...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]