FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blurry image

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Casey McGrath
Blurry image
on May 5, 2011 at 8:36:40 pm

Hi,

I created an image in Photoshop for my website. It's mostly text and I created it so I would have freedom with my text choices on my site. Even though it was a high quality image when I saved it in Photoshop, it shows up very blurry online.

I'm not sure if this is something I need to fix in Photoshop or Dreamweaver, but I would really appreciate any advice anyone can give me if they think they know what the problem might be.

Here is the link to my site and the image: https://www.msu.edu/~mcgrat71/resume.html

Thank you so much!

Cheers,

Casey McGrath

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
Re: Blurry image
on May 6, 2011 at 4:35:07 am

That's not a blurry image, but a pixelated one. Have you tried a link to a pdf document instead? It's low in size and will be a lot crispier.

Also, how did you reduce the size of your original image?

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on May 14, 2011 at 5:14:17 am

Your image is too small, and your layout in Dreamweaver is stretching your image to fit. Get the exact width of your table in Dreamweaver (in this case it's 800px wide) and make your image in Photoshop the same width.

LittleBlackBird.net

GraphicsDump.com

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on May 15, 2011 at 11:31:31 pm

The other suggestions should help you through your issue with the image, but I wonder if there's a reason why you chose to encapsulate your entire résumé in one image? It might be better to use standard HTML text for this. If you simply must use a fancy script for the section headers, those can be made images. I highly recommend using text online when you can.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]