FORUMS: list search recent posts

VPE Question

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Roddy
VPE Question
on Apr 13, 2011 at 11:43:23 pm

I've got an image that about 1100 pixels high at 250DPI. After opening that up in Vanishing Point, I lay out my grid on a building that's about 1000 pixels height.
Then I complete my grid with little difficulty. But after I Export my VPE data, my resulting PNG files are WAY too small! For example, the height of that 1000 pixel high building is now 186 pixels high.
?
What happened?

I didn't think it would matter, but i tried to change my Grid size, and indeed, that had no affect.

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: VPE Question
on Apr 15, 2011 at 11:56:57 am

That's just how its creating the object (you probably have a small piece selected. The 3D model should be fine in AE

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

Matthew Roddy
Re: VPE Question
on Apr 15, 2011 at 7:39:38 pm

Thanks for the Reply, Rich.

Unfortunately, something wacky is happening.
As I said, my building that I'm placing the grid on is about 1000 pixels high at 240DPI. So I'd expect the resulting PNG files to be that too, but as mentioned, they are less than 200 pixels.

The way I noticed this was in AE, the images were all the right size, but looked bad. That tipped me off to look at the original PNG files and that's when I notice how small they were.
So PS/VPE made them small, AE blew them up 500%, so the building was large, but with artificially large images (scale increased).

So what I ended up doing was increasing the DPI (and resulting resolution) to 1200, which resulted in PNG files of about 980 pixels (high, in this case).

I just can't imagine what I'm doing wrong that the resulting PNG files are so small. It's very odd.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]