FORUMS: list search recent posts

Matching light in video with Photoshop Extended?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Luke Chu
Matching light in video with Photoshop Extended?
on Apr 13, 2011 at 2:18:53 am

I am trying to match the light in one shot with a reverse shot of a short film I shot on digital. Both shots have different light. I've been doing small things like this in Final Cut Pro by exporting PNG stills to Photoshop and using the clone tool to match and cover up things. This has worked extremely well for me thus far, but it takes extremely long, frame by frame. Ideally I would be able to export it to photoshop, be able to color the whole stoop a darker and this would hold out for the length of the 2 minute still shot. Photoshop Extended or After Effects maybe???

Pics (I want the bright stoop to be as dark as the darker stoop):

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Matching light in video with Photoshop Extended?
on Apr 13, 2011 at 4:06:55 am

If your shot is stationary, i.e. the camera does not move, then you can simply use one shot for all of the frames. If a person or object interacts with the "stoop" (what's a stoop?) then you'll have to do some creative masking (rotoscoping) to make the shot work. Make sense?

http://www.graphicsdump.com

Return to posts index

Luke Chu
on Apr 13, 2011 at 3:30:59 pm

I'm from NYC, a stoop is a set of stairs outside that leads up to your building. A man is sitting on a stoop talking and moving a bit, but the shot is still so I cannot use the same frame. However, I guess I can do creative masking (rotoscoping). What program is best for creative masking? PS Extended? Also can you give a brief rundown of what I would do...

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Apr 15, 2011 at 11:55:10 am

After Effects

Auto Levels or Color Stabilser

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]