FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recording live in PS

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Naveen Mallikarjuna
Recording live in PS
on Mar 18, 2011 at 8:59:20 pm

Is there any way to record "live" in Photoshop? Without using an external capture device like Camtasia?

I want to create a paint stroke effect. That is, a stroke of paint being painted onto a canvas. Unfortunately, After Effects does not allow the use of custom brushes the way Photoshop does. So I'd like to do it in PS to make use of all those nifty brushes -- if it's possible.

From what I've seen the animation features only allow frame by frame animation. Or am I missing something?

(I would take the time and do some frame by frame animation, but I'm going to need to do a lot of these, so I'm seeing if I can do it "live" by recording and then exporting video.)

Thanks!

Naveen

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Recording live in PS
on Mar 18, 2011 at 9:11:10 pm

You have to record frame by frame. This takes no less time as you have to make the same number of strokes. Just turn on shortcuts to use keyboard to advance one frame at a time,

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
Re: cording live in PS
on Apr 2, 2011 at 12:55:28 am

Perhaps you can import the shape of the custom brush as an image with an alpha and animate its position to reveal the layer below in AE?

That would be faster than animating frame by frame in Photoshop.

Return to posts index

Naveen Mallikarjuna
Re: cording live in PS
on Apr 2, 2011 at 3:04:05 pm

That's exactly how I went about doing it. I used the custom brush in PS and saved with an alpha. Then I imported it into AE and auto-traced it. Then I animated.

By far the easiest way, and of course the idea came to me when I wasn't in front of the computer. Not sure why it always seems to work that way...

Thanks for input, btw!

Naveen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]