FORUMS: list search recent posts

Copying transparency from photoshop

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sybil` de Clark
Copying transparency from photoshop
on Mar 12, 2011 at 2:46:36 am

Hi,
I often have to paste pictures into powerpoint, and I'd like to be able to do that by copying and pasting directly from PS. The problem is when parts of them are transparent, those areas become white in powerpoint. This occurs even when I select "transparent" for the background of my document when creating it. From lurking around the forum I have a feeling the solution has to do with alpha channel somehow (?) but I've had no success playing with that so far. I can create one, by going into the channels palette and clicking "create new channel", I get an "alpha 1" channel at the bottom of the others, set to "visible". I just don't know what to do after that...
Thanks a lot if you can help :-)

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Copying transparency from photoshop
on Mar 12, 2011 at 2:01:21 pm

Use save for web command and choose PNG 24

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

Sybil` de Clark
on Mar 12, 2011 at 8:33:55 pm

Thanks a lot for your response. I just tried what you suggested, I mean I tried creating a document and saving as you suggest in the hope that further modifications to it could be copied with transparency but that didn't work. I think I probably did not explain well what I am trying to do. I am trying to copy from photoshop and paste into powerpoint without saving in between - if I save, sure I can get the picture to keep transparency, but somehow the transparency gets lost if I copy to the clipboard. I just figured, if it can work in Gimp, when one right clicks the image and selects "add alpha channel", there's got to be a way in photoshop, isn't there?

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Mar 13, 2011 at 12:31:56 am

I don't think copy/paste will work. Try saving your photoshop image as a 24-bit PNG with transparency and import that into PowerPoint.

http://www.graphicsdump.com

Return to posts index

Sybil` de Clark
on Mar 13, 2011 at 6:53:13 am

Ok, so there's no way then... thanks a lot for letting me know, I certainly feel less bad about not figurying it out ;-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]