FORUMS: list search recent posts

Problem resizing or moving layers in Photoshop

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joao Morgado
Problem resizing or moving layers in Photoshop
on Mar 2, 2011 at 5:08:45 pm

Hi there,

I'm having a problem when resizing or moving layers in photoshop. So the problem is, I'm working with some photoshop files 5000x3000 px at 72ppi RGB and when I scale down or move some layers some pixels appear and/or disappear mostly on the curved lines.

I'll post an example of what I'm talking about

This is before moving/scaling

and this is after

Any ideia how can I fix this.
I know I could paint the images on the final size from the beginning but I need multiple final sizes, thats why I'm painting in the largest size and then reducing them to the other sizes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Joao Morgado
Re: Problem resizing or moving layers in Photoshop
on Mar 4, 2011 at 3:50:02 pm

Sorry for asking again, but does anyone has an ideia about whats the problem here.... I'm getting really frustrated with this...

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
on Mar 4, 2011 at 4:12:38 pm

Hi Joao,
It's hard to say exactly what's going on without seeing the layered file but my guess is that you either have some layer masks that are not locked to the layer itself (little chain link icon between the mask and the layer thumbnail) or you are using a layer style like stroke or something that is not scaling along with the layers (that's normal behavior for layer styles), or maybe you have a clipping mask that isn't scaling with the layer. The easiest thing you can do is to just flatten the image before you resize it. Your large layered image is the master so that's the only one that needs to retain the layers, right? Just be sure to save with a different name before you flatten so you don't lose the layers in your master file.

Return to posts index

Erik Waluska
on Mar 4, 2011 at 4:16:01 pm

Forgot to mention, you could also just convert all of the layers to a smart object and resize. That would retain the layers within the smart object so you can still edit them if needed.

Return to posts index

Melanie Presa
on Mar 11, 2011 at 4:44:24 am

If this is the case, you should see a bounding box around all the pixels on the target layer. You can use the bounding box to confirm that you are working on the right layer.

directtohomeappliances.com, steven barbarich

Return to posts index

Dana Morozova
on Mar 16, 2011 at 3:35:52 pm

only suppose^ i think this is because of large sise of image

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]