Install Rosetta to run Photoshop

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Haefner
Install Rosetta to run Photoshop
on Feb 26, 2011 at 7:20:26 pm

hola COWS,

Running on MACBOOK Pro 10.6.6

I recently was having some Freezing/Glitches so MAC Support finally suggested I reinstall my Snow Leopard OS

Now the first significant difference - I open PHOTOSHOP and gets this message instantly - to run Photoshop CS2 need to install ROSETTA? What is this ?

Please anyone with any info -- really need to open and run this install of Photoshop - thanks

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
Re: Install Rosetta to run Photoshop
on Feb 27, 2011 at 3:50:59 am

Photoshop CS2 is a Mac OS only application, whereas Snow Leopard is designed to run in Intel based computers which are optimized to run Universal applications (CS3 onwards).

Rosetta is a backend emulator that Apple designed so Mac OS applications could be run in Intel computers, don't worry, it's safe to install, as it is an Apple program, in fact you will never see it running as a program per se and you can't launch it alone, it only works when it needs to "translate" from old applications, such as Photoshop CS2.

However, any program that runs through Rosetta will have a significant degradation in performance; Snow Leopard is designed to run 64 bit applications natively, so you might want to consider upgrading to CS5 and experience a dramatic boost in your workflow.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]