FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blonde Hair to Brunette

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Al Jensen
Blonde Hair to Brunette
on Jan 19, 2011 at 8:04:45 am

Hey all,

I know this should be obvious, but I'm really struggling with it. I've tried all the basics like just painting her hair brown and changing the blending layer, or creating a fill layer, or using colorize in Hue/Sat, with no luck. All of the YouTube tutorials and such are for changing brunette's to blondes, not visa versa. Her hair is just so whited out that I'm struggling to pull any color out of it, and when I colorize it with browns it just looks awfully fake.

Any ideas on a clean way to turn very white blonde hair into dark chocolately brown?

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Blonde Hair to Brunette
on Jan 19, 2011 at 2:18:13 pm

Match color command

Or an adjustment layer with levels and lower the output levels for white and adjust mid ones before tinting

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

Al Jensen
on Jan 19, 2011 at 6:28:46 pm

Match Color is a great idea, I started to fiddle with it and that seems like it might work. Thanks for the suggestion!

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Jan 24, 2011 at 5:13:59 am

I'd look into a variety of things such as: selecting the hair and creating a new layer, filling it with the brunette color you're after, changing blending modes, masking areas if needed, dodging, burning, and possibly adding additional duplicate layers until you achieve the desired look. Adjust levels, curves, whatever until you get what you're after. You'll probably find it'll be a combination of tools/filters/etc to get what you're after and to make it look believable. One thing you can consider is to bring in a target image of the brunette hair look/color you're after, so, as you're editing, you have a reference to go by.

http://www.graphicsdump.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]