FORUMS: list search recent posts

Remove standard thin black line around image

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
rick ringers
Remove standard thin black line around image
on Dec 16, 2010 at 3:36:54 pm

When opening a file in photoshop there is a standard black thin line around the image.
Is it possible to make an adjustment in photoshop to not see this this thin line?
(for example when you adjust the background color in any color but black, you see this thin black line)

Rick

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Remove standard thin black line around image
on Dec 18, 2010 at 4:34:05 am

Press F to cycle different full-screen modes

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

rick ringers
on Dec 18, 2010 at 12:55:04 pm

This is not what i mean, by pressing F you just switch between screen modes.

Every image i open is surrounded (encirkled,outlined) by this small thin black line.
Between the canvas size and the background color. (i use CS3)

Return to posts index

Paul Roper
on Dec 21, 2010 at 7:07:51 am

I suspect the only solution to this is to upgrade to Photoshop CS5. It has a handy new preference setting where you can turn this off (which I have done).

You could change the standard grey background to black, thereby hiding the pesky black line. Just make sure your foreground colour is black, go to full screen with menus mode (press F) then using the paint bucket, click (or is it shift-click maybe?) on the grey area to 'fill' it with the new colour.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]