FORUMS: list search recent posts

Layer mask problem

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Keenan
Layer mask problem
on Nov 16, 2010 at 3:48:58 pm

Hi Guys,

I received a psd file from a friend thats for a website header, its a very similar shape to the creative cow header in fact and has four rounded edges. Its about the same length but about four times the height.

I need to break the psd file up into separate png files but the issue im having is that all four rounded corners seem to have been created using a layer mask, when I switch the mask off I get rectangular corners which I dont want.

Im not too familiar with layer masks but this is causing me a problem. Is there a way I can permanently apply the effect of the mask?

Probably the easiest way to explain what I need to do is if you imagine the file im taking about is the creative cow header. I need to cut the file just above where you have the "forums, tutorials ect" icons all the way to the top, including the rounded edges. The layer mask seems to be making this difficult for me.

I need to send this file with the rounded corners and a transparent background to someone else to use.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
Re: Layer mask problem
on Nov 27, 2010 at 11:46:17 pm

"Is there a way I can permanently apply the effect of the mask?"

Just select both layers (The layer with the mask and the layer below it) and merge those layers by context (right) clicking on the selected layers.

Theo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]