FORUMS: list search recent posts

batch process many multi-page pdfs

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Dougherty
batch process many multi-page pdfs
on Oct 28, 2010 at 9:44:38 pm

Using any recent version of Photoshop, how would I batch process many multi-page pdfs and convert each page into jpegs? When I open a pdf manually I have to manually select one of many pages, not sure how to automate this. I'd love to see each resulting jpeg be tagged with its respective page # in the file name.

BTW the way I also want to convert from cmyk to rgb.

Thanks in advance,

Paul

Return to posts index

Paul Dougherty
Re: batch process many multi-page pdfs
on Nov 3, 2010 at 8:12:53 pm

I've done some research and came across some promising leads (not using PS) but they haven't panned out.

I'd prefer to do this in Photoshop but I don't know how automate telling it to open & save *every* page as a jpeg.

People in another forum and suggested Acrobat Pro. Using Acrobat Pro 9.0 (multi-page) export works but text gets funky. Not sure why since the same Mac (with Photoshop) will open a given page (manually selected) and do a beautiful job with text on the same pdf. The other challenge is to master Acrobat Pro's batch sequence process which I would try to learn but for the funky text.

Others suggested Apple's Preview "File>Print>PDF>Save PDF to iPhoto"
Preview loses the file name in the process (which Acrobat Pro retains adding a page# suffix) but the text looks fine.

Someone offered some javascript route but it appears to be way over my head.

Thanks in advance for any Photoshop (CS3 or CS4) batch suggestions.

Paul

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]