FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP to PS:Extended to FCP : export settings

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Noah Baglione
FCP to PS:Extended to FCP : export settings
on Oct 15, 2010 at 7:21:10 pm

Hello!

Posted this as a reply in a separate PS thread, but now thinking it may belong elsewhere given its departure from that thread's subject matter.

Don't own AE, so working with PS:Extended (CS5), and an uncompressed HDV QT file, imported, with FCP per an HDV preset, edited, then exported, uncompressed, and now successfully opened in PS:Ex for dirt removal.

I've since touched up the afflicted frames, and am now left to Export.

So now I'm left to wonder, what might be the proper render settings in order to have the video exported as an uncompressed HDV QT file, in exactly the same format it came in as, such that when I re-import the file into FCP, there won't be any discrepancy in video quality between the PS:Ex edited clip and the rest of the non-PS:Ex-edited FCP clips.

Unfortunately, I'm not at my place with the computer and software at the moment, so I'm not terribly familiar with the Export screen off the top of my head, but wanted to get the inquiry out there, hoping I could get right to it, upon my return.

But with regard to the Render settings, and the drop down video compression field, I recall seeing a large variety of compression formats, e.g. HDV, 2 uncompressed options to choose from, QuickTime, and other such values.

Intimidated by all the choices, I was left to turn to CreativeCOW for help.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Noah Baglione
Re: FCP to PS:Extended to FCP : export settings
on Oct 15, 2010 at 8:01:53 pm

Digging further, it appears I ought to Render Video within PS with either Apple ProRes 4444 compression or HDV 1080p24.

Having initially imported/exported the video in FCP with the HDV 1080p24 preset, should I opt for the HDV 1080p24 compression here in PS as well?

Or should I go with Apple ProRes 4444?

Would it make a difference?

Return to posts index

Sacha Thomas
Re: FCP to PS:Extended to FCP : export settings
on Oct 25, 2010 at 2:59:31 pm

I think ProRes is the best choice. HDV is really just a camera codec whereas ProRes is intended as a workflow codec.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]