FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cut and paste in same location error

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anders Lilkaer
Cut and paste in same location error
on Oct 12, 2010 at 5:23:45 pm

Hi,

I'm editing a huge image aprx. 5k x 7k px.
It's about making an animation out of a still drawing.

I then all the time want to cut elements of the picture out, and paste in the same place/location.
BUT - I'm experiencing this following error.

I usually (it's very irregular) get a about 1 px outline when the pasted eram of the image is pasted back - so there's a 1 px transparant/ a hole / missing image. I've trid adjusting Refine Edge for an eternity,
and this doesnt fix it.
The most strange thing is that when i have the image at 100% zoom/Actual size, I can manage to get a clean paste, without cropping/line of transparancy, BUT when i zoom to fx. 50% it shows! - and what's even worse, it SHOWS when I import the image to after effects.

How can I make a clean "paste in same location", without any missing image?!?

Deadlines approaching as always,
hope to hear from you soon.

Return to posts index

Emily Carmichael
Re: Cut and paste in same location error
on Oct 12, 2010 at 7:17:13 pm

Hi! This person was having the same issue: http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/244/861627

Photoshop is giving a nice anti-aliased selection edge to the part you're cutting out, and a nice anti-aliased selection edge to the layer you are cutting it from, and these two nice smooth anti-aliased edges are not adding up to full opacity along the seam.

It's probable these seams won't be an issue when it comes to final output since they appear and disappear at different zooms. But if they cause trouble:

- You can of course turn off anti-aliasing when you make your selection, (but you'll have a jagged edge.)

- You can duplicate the whole layer and mask out the parts you don't want

- Or just use Layer Via Copy instead of Layer Via Cut. If it's important to leave a hole in the layer beneath, you can CONTRACT your selection slightly, and then delete those pixels from the layer below to assure full coverage.

Return to posts index

Anders Lilkaer
on Oct 12, 2010 at 11:03:09 pm

Thanks so much for your post!

Of course Layer Via Copy vil not reveal any edge, but I need to
clone tool the area under the removed selection, so that I can move the element, and that underneath will show - like very primitive animation.

How to remove anti-aliasing from the Quick Selection Tool? :-)

Thanks again,

Return to posts index

Emily Carmichael
on Oct 13, 2010 at 12:34:27 am

Well gosh. You can't uncheck anti-aliasing with the quick select tool. What happens when you uncheck "auto-enhance?"

If you're committed to this approach you can use quick select tool to make your selection, then enter quick mask and run Threshold to make your selection area all crunchy.

Again, this will not give you a nice edge.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]