FORUMS: list search recent posts

epson scanners in cs5 photoshop

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark minnig
epson scanners in cs5 photoshop
on Oct 6, 2010 at 12:34:36 pm

I'm having trouble with my Epson perfection V200 and V100 scanners in CS5 scanning mode. Every time I scan something the scanner will not let me change the configuration from auto mode to professional mode. I can press preview and scan, but cannot take control of the scanner options. Do I need to set something up in the scanner application or can I change my options while scanning in Photoshop?

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: epson scanners in cs5 photoshop
on Oct 11, 2010 at 4:34:14 am

Photoshop no longer supports TWAIN. Use scanner software directly or investigate 3rd party scanner software

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: From Still to Motion, Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and Motion Graphics with Adobe Creative Suite 5 Studio Techniques

Return to posts index

Paul Benson
on Oct 15, 2010 at 3:30:26 am

Wow, that is really surprising to me. Am I behind the times and TWAIN has moved on to some newer protocol that CS5 supports? I scan quite a bit and having it integrated into PS was helpful (and, quite honestly, expected). I'd be curious on why it was dropped if anyone has some insight. It seems odd to remove something that should be fairly solid code and useful.

I realize it essentially opened up the scanner's application driver, but was handy to have it on the PS menu and then open up within PS.

Pauley

Return to posts index

mark minnig
on Oct 15, 2010 at 12:29:47 pm

The scanners do work with Photoshop CS5. There is a twain download that you need to update as well as converting it to 32 bit rather than 64, but for some reason on some of the user stations, I can't seem to change any setting in Epson scan while in Photoshop....

Return to posts index

Jan Fialkowski
on Feb 28, 2011 at 3:28:00 am

I was none too pleased to spend a fortune on CS5 then find that I was unable to continue scanning my 1960's negatives using my brilliant Epson Perfection 3170 Scanner. I opened up my old version of Adobe Elements 8 and there was the import option under the 'File' menu.. No problems at all.
I'll do all my batch scanning via Elements 8, save the files to my usual designated folders, then reopen in CS5 to process.. A slight hiccup, but no problem!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]