FORUMS: list search recent posts

posterize to specific colours

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rene van Gageldonk
posterize to specific colours
on Sep 20, 2010 at 4:52:39 pm

Is there a way to use posterize to an image, and specify which colours to posterize to?

I've tried using swatches with only 10 colours, but that's not where Posterize picks its colours from.

It's probably possible to select a colour after posterization and replace it with another one.
I want to specify in advance so that a colour is replaced with the nearest one from the swatches. Is this possible?
thanks

Return to posts index

Neal Hammers
Re: posterize to specific colours
on Sep 25, 2010 at 10:21:24 pm

Replace will work.. however try to save for web (skip posterization) as GIF - much handier.

Return to posts index

Rene van Gageldonk
on Oct 1, 2010 at 9:51:12 am

Thanks for your answer Neal;
but the purpose is to finally automate the workflow of replacing colours to a few specific colours.
Let's say we only have 30 colours of wool and we have photographes> Now I want Photoshop to give me the nearest colours that exist in wool as specified by me. This has to be done with thousands of photographes, so by hand with 'replace colour' isn't an option.
Also "save for web' doesn't give me the option to specify the colours of wool to which the image should be translated.
Is there a way to do just that? I have been looking for some time now with no luck. Looking in the wrong places?
Thanks.
René

Return to posts index

Neal Hammers
on Oct 1, 2010 at 11:23:15 pm

I believe this is a matter of experimentation.
Since You need a limited amount of colors, I suggest You to use GIF format, where You can specify total size of palete. Also You can load predefined color table e.g. Your wool colors.
Also for production of hundreds of images, You should consider creating an Action and run it as Automate->Batch..

Return to posts index

Rene van Gageldonk
on Oct 2, 2010 at 5:16:18 am

Thanks Neal,
specifying the number of colours and loading predefined colours should do the trick. I'm going to look into this how to do this.
Thanks.
René

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]