FORUMS: list search recent posts

Downsizing an Image whilst keeping Aspect Ratio

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Jenkins
Downsizing an Image whilst keeping Aspect Ratio
on Sep 8, 2010 at 1:20:03 pm

Hi,

I'm currently in the process of making a DVD for a short film and have been using Photoshop to create the menus. Until now all my menus have been made in the HDTV 1080p/29.97 preset but I've just been informed that, as Adobe Encore needs everything to be in 720x576 16:9 it automatically downscales my menus, losing a lot of quality in the process. Apparently if I manually downsize all my menus in photoshop I will retain a lot more quality than if I let Encore do it automatically. My problem is however, that I don't know how to change the image size to 720x576 whilst maintaining the 16x9 aspect ratio. Ideally what I should have done is create all my menus in the PAL D1/DV Widescreen preset.

Is there anyway to convert my menus to that preset or will I have to start over?

Thanks in advance,

-Nick

Return to posts index

Neal Hammers
Re: Downsizing an Image whilst keeping Aspect Ratio
on Sep 13, 2010 at 7:11:43 pm

are You sure Encore needs PAL res for NTSC project? and in the modern world everything goes HD.. what you write sound rally strange.
However, you should check if Encore is keeping imported image's aspect ratio.
if keeps, then you'll end with PAL res with [black] stripes on top and on bottom of your image, just do in PS Image->ImageSize.. and downsize image to w=720, keeping Constrain Proportions ON.
if streches, then do the same, just after increase canvas height up to 576.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]