FORUMS: list search recent posts

License issues - for discussion

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
dan smith
License issues - for discussion
on Aug 20, 2010 at 10:38:30 am

Hi all

Having a weird situation here I was wondering about the experiences of others?

We are looking at upgrading to CS5 Production Premium, from our various versions of adobe products, but we want to use it on three machines without spending a zillion pounds on three licenses. I know that i should be able to activate on two machines per license which allows me one copy to be used at anyone time, but it doesn't work like that for us.

We have always used our Photoshop CS2 on two machines simultaneously, but having spoken to Adobe they have told me that this is impossible with one license (they also confirmed we only have one license)

I would love to know if anyone else has managed to use one license simultaneously on multiple machines. If it is a common occurrence I will only need to buy one upgrade pack.

p.s - i'm not trying to do anything illegal here - i'm just interested as to why it seems to easy to 'spoof' the system!

Thanks!

Return to posts index

David Johnson
Re: License issues - for discussion
on Aug 20, 2010 at 12:01:55 pm

My understanding of the Adobe license agreement, which I'm fairly certain is accurate, is that it allows us to legally install one license on two machines only for the purpose of a single user being able to use the software they own either on their desktop or laptop (not both simultaneously or for multiple users).

What the Adobe rep you talked to may have been getting at by saying it's "impossible" to do anything other than that is technology in their newer software versions may have made that more enforceable by detecting a license that has already been installed twice and/or whether it is currently in use on another machine.

I don't know that Adobe has implemented that, but I do know it's possible since other software developers are doing it. And, I'd be surprised if Adobe isn't since they probably have more software piracy problems than any other developer except Microsoft and Apple. At the very least, I wouldn't expect the same licensing technology with CS5 as is found in CS2.

The bottom line is it sounds like you need to buy 3 licenses for 3 users.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]