FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scanning- How to retain individual numbered files for each scan?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Escher
Scanning- How to retain individual numbered files for each scan?
on Aug 2, 2010 at 10:37:15 pm

Hello all. I recently upgraded from Adobe Photoshop CS3 to CS5 and have run in to what seemingly is a small issue but has become a large problem due to the nature of the work that I do. In my job I have to do multiple scans from documents and photos and after modifying the scans in photoshop for video graphics stills, I save the the original scans to folders for future use and reference.

When I used Photoshop CS3 to import (in conjunction with the Canoscan software and a Canon Canoscan LiDE 200 scanner) I was able to scan individual files and each would open in memory (not saved to disk) as "Untitled-1", "Untitled-2", "Untitled-3" etc. This was beneficial because after creating the graphics, when saving the files I wouldn't need to re-name them when they were ultimately saved to hard disk.

However, when I try using the same technique in CS5 (click on file, then drag down to import, then choose Canonscan LiDE 200 and use the software to scan the files) after scanning each scan is named "Canoscan Lide 200" no matter how many are made. The difficulty comes in when I have to rename each file upon saving it.

The other problem is that the scanning software closes after each individual scan, even after I have checked the "do not close the scangear software" in the scangear preferences. Again, a small issue that becomes a big one if a large part of your job is scanning images...

It's such a pain that I have gone back to using Photoshop CS3 instead of using CS5 that I paid good money for. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the software to scan and name the individually scanned files differently as well as a way to get the scanning software to stay open after each scan?

Thanks ahead of time for any help you might provide.

Warmest regards,

Michael Escher

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]