FORUMS: list search recent posts

copy effects question

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch Hardison
copy effects question
on Jul 28, 2010 at 2:09:41 pm

can I copy all the effects I have on one layer and apply them to another layer?

Return to posts index

John Mensinger
Re: copy effects question
on Jul 28, 2010 at 5:54:06 pm

Yes. In the Layers panel, Cmd+Click/Rt-Click on the effect-bearing layer's fx icon and choose Copy Layer Style. Then Cmd+Click/Rt-Click on the target layer and choose Paste Layer Style.

John M:
All of the vim with none of that annoying vigor.

Return to posts index

Mitch Hardison
on Jul 29, 2010 at 9:41:11 pm

All that did was copy my blending options over. I am trying to copy effects like invert and hue/saturation over to another layer

Return to posts index

John Mensinger
on Jul 30, 2010 at 12:30:54 pm

Ah, well apparently, we're mixing terms. Hue/Sat, Invert, and other operations found on the Image > Adjustments menu are not generally referred to as "effects," so I misinterpreted your intentions.

To reuse an adjustment, you would want to apply it using an Adjustment Layer, which could subsequently be copied like any other layer, or moved/grouped in the layer stacking order to affect additional or select pixel-content layers. If you apply an adjustment by invoking its dialog via the Image > Adjustments menu, it's usually a one-off commitment that can't be recalled, except in cases where the particular adjustment, (i.e., Levels or Curves), dialog includes Save and Load buttons.

John M:
All of the vim with none of that annoying vigor.

Return to posts index

Mitch Hardison
on Jul 30, 2010 at 1:05:55 pm

yea that is my fault. Thanks for the help though. Now I need to start working with adjustment layers. Thanks again john

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]