FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is it possible to add a drop shadow to a masked image without it creating a rectangle?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tia Bradford
Is it possible to add a drop shadow to a masked image without it creating a rectangle?
on Jun 26, 2010 at 7:57:28 pm

Hello,

I have a single image that is isolated on a white background. I used the color range tool to make a selection and create a mask over the white background. So the object looks totally isolated when I move it on top of another background.

I need to add a drop shadow to this object, so that when it is placed over the new background it looks like it is floating with a shadow underneath. When I add the drop shadow it looks fine around the actual object, but it also affects the outer edge of the image, so it looks like there is a drop shadow around the bounding rectangle of the image.

Any ideas on how I can get this to only affect the object and not the border area? Thanks.

http://drop.io/nbfugcq

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: Is it possible to add a drop shadow to a masked image without it creating a rectangle?
on Jul 1, 2010 at 12:22:59 am

It sounds like you may have some stray visible pixels hanging around the edge of your image. Try painting this area black in the layer mask.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Tia Bradford
Re: Is it possible to add a drop shadow to a masked image without it creating a rectangle?
on Jul 1, 2010 at 12:50:22 am

Thank you very much. Yes this was the problem. There was 1 px outline around the image that was impossible to see because it was the same color as the background.

Much appreciated!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]