FORUMS: list search recent posts

creating a file conversion batch that preserves folder structure

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
AJ Epstein
creating a file conversion batch that preserves folder structure
on May 27, 2010 at 12:28:25 am

Hi all!

I've got several thousand .tiff files that I want to convert to .jpg. The tiff's were created by a research assistant doing some scanning and organizing, so the tiff's are layered in a series of folders.

Using PS3 (Mac) I have been able to create a batch action that drills down into all the folders and creates .jpg's with no problem, but I would also like to have it preserve the folder naming and structure in the jpeg copies, otherwise it's just a huge mess of unorganized files.

Any ideas on how to preserve the folder structure?

thanks!

AJ

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: creating a file conversion batch that preserves folder structure
on May 28, 2010 at 3:06:22 am

Use Image Processor Script...

See Cow's Photoshop Podcast

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

AJ Epstein
on May 28, 2010 at 4:57:20 am

Hi there,

Thanks for the response. I gave that a try, but it does not drill down past the first chosen folder, and as such does not create an identical folder structure as I need. :(

Is there a way to build a script or action that could create an identical folder structure?

Thanks!

AJ

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on May 30, 2010 at 3:54:48 am

If you actually look more closely at the Image Processor script you'd see an option called Include all subfolders

You can also choose Save in Sam eLocation and Keep folder structure options.

You seem to be suffering from OK itis... read dialog boxes fully before closing them

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]