I'm looking for help or link for a tutorial to create an effect.
I'd like to make the skin on my arm look like as if it has letters imprinted on it with an embossed stamp, creating sunken letters with lighter areas compared to the normal skin.
1. Try and use a stylish font that resembles that of your intended intention. Not just any font.
2. Again, place the Text layer above the skin layer.
3. Reduce the text's opacity top about 85.
4. Adjust the blending mode of the text layer to 'overlay'.
5. Finally, adjust the text layer's opacity until something desireable is acheived.
There are other advanced techniques that I can still use but this will do it for you.