FORUMS: list search recent posts

Remove Paths from Files During Batch Processing

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Schmidt
Remove Paths from Files During Batch Processing
on Mar 31, 2010 at 10:00:10 am

I am batch processing a whole bunch of my images to turn them into jpegs for my client. I do this by selecting the images in Bridge and choosing Tools -> Photoshop -> Bildverarbeitung (I am using a German system and don't know what this is called in English. It's the one where you can choose save as JPEG, save as PSD and save as TIFF). I then select the save as jpeg option and choose all my other settings. Works fine. But I just noticed that all the paths I created during editing are kept inside the jpegs! That is not good. I don't want the client to be able to see my paths. I use them for masking all the time and some have names like "ugly dude", etc. How can I remove the paths from the images during batch processing?

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: Remove Paths from Files During Batch Processing
on Apr 2, 2010 at 3:30:52 pm

Bildverarbeitung is "Image Processing" in English, but my bridge CS4 does not have anything like that.

In any case use save for web, that will remnove your paths. You can record an action, that will save to web, and run that as a batch command from photoshop rather than from bridge.

Another solution is you can make pdfs from bridge, if you are sending your work out for review. In Bridge CS4 use the output dropdown on the top right to make PDFs.

Return to posts index

Daniel Schmidt
Re: Remove Paths from Files During Batch Processing
on Apr 3, 2010 at 5:20:47 pm

Thanks, I'll try that on the next project!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]