FORUMS: list search recent posts

Image within an image efffect?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian Williams
Image within an image efffect?
on Mar 30, 2010 at 8:18:08 pm

I want to create an effect with a picture, which looks like what you get when you see a TV showing a picture within the TV, and therefore another TV inside that TV, and the effect goes on forever. I tried simply copying the whole image, pasting as a new layer, making it smaller, and then doing the same thing again repeatedly, but then you get sharp edges at the edge of each layer, and I couldn't find a good way to blur them. Does anyone have a good method of applying this effect to an image?

Return to posts index

Emily Carmichael
Re: Image within an image efffect?
on Apr 14, 2010 at 3:38:22 am

1. Maybe you can copy a smart object into itself! I don't have time to give it a try, but you could.

2. But probably it won't work.

3. So the only way is to do it by hand, like you're doing it. There are many ways to soften the edge of a layer. One way in cs4 to Cmd-click the layer, add a Layer Mask that Reveals Selection, then open the masks panel and add a feather to the mask.

4. but I think you'll get better results if you put the layer with the largest TV on TOP. So each layer is a TV with a hole where the screen is, like this. (checkerboard indicates transparency.) As long as you use a soft eraser to erase the TV you'll be fine.

Return to posts index

Ian Williams
Re: Image within an image efffect?
on Apr 14, 2010 at 6:53:15 am

Thanks, I'll give that a try

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]