FORUMS: list search recent posts

NEF files won't preview in Adobe Bridge - or open in camera raw

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Evan Smith
NEF files won't preview in Adobe Bridge - or open in camera raw
on Mar 14, 2010 at 6:50:48 pm

I'm using CS4 on a PC. I have been shooting in raw format with a Nikon D80 for the last year or so and doing most of my editing in camera raw. The images always preview in Bridge as they should, allowing me to rank them and organize them before opening them in camera raw directly from bridge.

The last two events that I have shot, a few of the files won't preview in Bridge. There doesn't appear to be any particular reason for these specific files having problems (ie. lense change, camera change, etc...). However, I was able to open them in camera raw and rank them from there, so I dealt with it.

I just bought a D300s and did a test shoot today. NONE of the raw files previewed in Bridge and the option to open in camera raw was not even available. When opening straight to PS, I got a file error claiming that it wasn't the right kind of file. I downloaded the newest update to camera raw and now I am able to open in PS (which does successfully open camera raw before opening in PS). However, I still am not getting any preview in Bridge and still don't have the option to open into camera raw from bridge.

This disrupts my entire work flow, and I would love to know why my software is misbehaving. Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Mathias Bjordammen
Re: NEF files won't preview in Adobe Bridge - or open in camera raw
on Apr 13, 2010 at 7:52:08 pm

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4622

Download and run the install file, worked perfectly for me.

I can now see previews of RAW files in bridge, open them in photoshop, and a lot more.

You're welcome :)

Return to posts index

german alvarez Cadiz
Re: NEF files won't preview in Adobe Bridge - or open in camera raw
on Jan 13, 2011 at 12:10:33 am

I installed adobe photoshop cs5 and camera raw 6.3.0.79. I'm taking picture using nikon d200 using raw option.

When i download them I try to preview them to rate or delete, it's nor possible to preview them.

Any help on this?

Tks in advance

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]