FORUMS: list search recent posts

Wave

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Roberts
Wave
on Feb 19, 2010 at 3:42:24 pm

I've been given a pdf brochure from my client, and I need to make a looping background for an event using elements from the pdf. I've got it all figured out except for this wave in the brochure, that the client wants moving around on each scene of the background. I'm not that great at making shape based things from scratch, so could anyone help me with an easy way to make something like this? Or at least a way to get started? I guess I'd like them to be really long so I could make them move around in FCP or Motion with a nice clean flow. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Paul Benson
Re: Wave
on Feb 21, 2010 at 12:48:15 am

I'd use the pen tool to create the shapes. This would allow the smooth curves. Then change the opacity (or screen mode) so that you can see through them a bit.

As you say, you could make a really long stream and just scroll through them. I don't have FCP, but I would use after effects and just have the points of my shapes move over time. I imagine FCP has similar abilities.

Pauley

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Feb 22, 2010 at 5:59:00 pm

Thank you, sir! Sort of tracing over them with the pen tool and expanding them myself that way is working out nicely. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Feb 23, 2010 at 4:28:54 am

Use the ellipse tool to create large ellipses of various shades - dark blue, light blue, etc., each on a different layer. Then change the blending mode / opacity of each to get the look you want. Using the ellipse tool is quick, easy and ensures the curves you're making are perfect. The pen tool is good too, but I prefer using the ellipse tool for something like this.

http://www.youtube.com/graphicsdump
http://www.myr3d.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]