FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photoshop equivalents to PhotoPaint Brushes

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Benson
Photoshop equivalents to PhotoPaint Brushes
on Feb 10, 2010 at 8:37:25 pm

I own Corel Photopaint and Photoshop, and use Photoshup 99% of the time. There are some cool brush tricks in Photopaint that I don't think exist in Photoshop, but I would love to be proved wrong.

Orbits - this creates multiple brushes that orbit your brush stroke. It is useful in making ropes, telephone cords, and other braided items.

Image Sprayer - this pulls images from a specially formatted file to use as brush strokes. The images can be anything and full color with transparency. For example, one that my daughter used for her Valentine's day card was a collection of candy hearts (you know, the ones with the phrases like 'Hug Me' printed on them). The tool picks a random image from that file for each dab.

Symmetry - my kids love this one, too. It allows you to set a center point in the image, then when you paint, symmetric strokes appear 'reflected' from the center point. Both radial and vertical/horizontal symmetry are supported.

These have been in Photopaint for some time, and I guess I'm surprised Adobe hasn't incorporated them. I know I can request them from Adobe, but I figured either 1) There is a way that I haven't figured out yet, or 2) They are more fun than professional and Adobe isn't interested.

If you know how to mimic these in Photoshop, please let me know; otherwise, I'll request them.

Thanks,
Pauley

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: Photoshop equivalents to PhotoPaint Brushes
on Feb 15, 2010 at 10:09:06 am

Sometimes using more than one tool to get the job done is what it takes. Use Photopaint for things Photoshop won't do and go back and forth between apps.

http://www.youtube.com/graphicsdump
http://www.myr3d.com

Return to posts index

Paul Benson
Re: Photoshop equivalents to PhotoPaint Brushes
on Feb 19, 2010 at 3:53:21 pm

Thanks for the confirmation. I would have been pleasantly surprised if PS supported these features and I hadn't found them, yet.

Pauley

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]