FORUMS: list search recent posts

transparent logo

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Grady Knight
transparent logo
on Feb 5, 2010 at 11:02:57 pm

I am trying to place logo.gif on a web page. The logo has a transparent background. When I save the logo as a .gif and place it on the web page I see a 1 pixel white border around the logo. I have tried eliminating the white colors from the pallette when 'saving for web' but the white border still shows up. The logo is an irregular shape.

You can see the logo here:
http://www.visitstevens.com

What do I need to do to get rid of the white border?

I am guessing that the answer to my problem is already on the forum but I am not using the right search terms to find the answer.

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
Re: transparent logo
on Feb 6, 2010 at 6:05:10 am

I don't see a .gif there.

You can try remove white matte (layer/matting/remove white matte), or crop your image down a little more (trim it down using the lasso) to remove some of the edge artifacts.

http://www.youtube.com/graphicsdump

Return to posts index

Grady Knight
on Feb 6, 2010 at 8:53:10 pm

The .gif is the Visit Stevens logo at the upper left corner, red ring and green state with light yellow letters.

8mm & 16mm film to DVD

Return to posts index

Paul Benson
on Feb 9, 2010 at 7:19:27 pm

I also don't see the gif. I see a 'Welcome' in the upper left, which looks like a brown sign with yellow text and an 'under construction' graphic to the right.

I just talked my brother in law through the creation of a gif with transparency (I have yet to do it myself). Essentially, he selected the areas he wanted to be transparent. The best tool for him was the magic wand, but Select-Color Range is usually one of the best methods. When he saved as gif, I believe there was an option to make the selected area transparent. Just make sure that 'ring' you are seeing is in the selection.

With that being said, expect to see a hard transition from transparent to opaque since gif does not support partial transparency. If you know the background image of your webpage, then you can use some color gradations to make the edge look less harsh.

Pauley

Return to posts index

Grady Knight
on Feb 10, 2010 at 1:12:49 am

I'm sorry, I feel like an idiot now. The site is not live yet so I gave the wrong URL.
This is the correct address
http://www.visitstevens.com

Now to top it all off I think I may have solved the problem. The white border happened when I use "save for web" and saved it as a 128 dithered gif. The logo that is up there now was just saved as a gif (did not use the "save for web". The final product only had about 10 -15 white pixels total around the edge. I reopened it in Photoshop and penciled over the white pixels, save it and it appears to have taken care of the problem.

Thanks everyone for your input and I apologize again for the wrong URL...

8mm & 16mm film to DVD

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]