FORUMS: list search recent posts

Aligning Scanned Images

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yaron Bar
Aligning Scanned Images
on Jan 30, 2010 at 7:34:48 pm

Hello,

I am scanning a series of images using a scanner with an automatic feeder.
I am scanning a series of drawings , intended for animation, and the top of the page has 3 holes made for the animation peg bar, which appear as gray shapes after the scan (a long hole, a circle, and a long hole).
I want to automatically align these drawings so that all these holes are exactly in the same spot.

Can anyone advise me on a method to do it ?

Thank you, Y.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Aligning Scanned Images
on Jan 30, 2010 at 10:07:38 pm

Use script to load multiple layers into one PSD file... then select al layers and use Auto Align command.

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Yaron Bar
on Jan 31, 2010 at 7:54:42 am

The problem is, that I can't define a specific area to align by, and so I don't get a precise result.. is there a way to align specifically by the peg holes?
Maybe not in photoshop, but by using some plug in ?

Thanks, Y.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
on Jan 31, 2010 at 3:25:34 pm

Nope... any reason to not actually scan USING the pegs for their intended purposes?

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Scott Roberts
on Feb 2, 2010 at 8:10:59 am

Sometimes there is no easy solution. I would drag each layer over the other into one file, use on layer as your master guide, reduce opacity of layers above this so you can see your master below, then rotate your image to match.

http://www.youtube.com/graphicsdump

Return to posts index

Paul Benson
on Feb 2, 2010 at 9:57:05 pm

Crazy idea, and I'm not even sure it would work, but I think it could. Probably overkill, but if you have hundreds of these, it might save some time.

Make them an image sequence movie.
Bring into After Effects.
Use Motion Tracking on the three holes to stabilize.
Output stabilized movie as image sequence.

Pauley

Return to posts index

Greg Barringer
on Feb 21, 2010 at 1:38:20 am

What if you crop each image using the peg holes as a guide for the crop.
Drag all images into one psd file, select all layers and go to layers > align layers.

Return to posts index

Greg Barringer
on Feb 23, 2010 at 1:32:07 pm

Have you tired File > Scripts > Load files into Stacks and check Attempt to automactically alighn source images

Maybe this will align the peg holes, maybe not

Return to posts index

Eric Oxford
on Aug 25, 2010 at 11:38:01 pm

There is a way of doing it using a free program called scan fix. You will probably have to rescan your images so that the holes will appear black. I used black tape on the scanner pad, but you can use a washable marker too.

http://people.rit.edu/dpalyka/ScanFix.html

You will have to contact the creator of the program to get a copy and will want to see the final result of the animation.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]