FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replace image function in photoshop?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mikkell khan
Replace image function in photoshop?
on Jan 28, 2010 at 1:26:10 pm

Hi, let's say you have a collage with pictures of different sizes, shapes and orientation. Now you'd like to change one of the pictures to a different one whilst maintaining the attributes of the one you will be replacing so it fits snugly in place for the collage.

I know after effects has an easy way of doing this with a 'replace footage' function, however, is there such a way to do this in photoshop?

Thanks for any quick and helpful responses on this matter.

Mikkell Khan
Director
Diamond Films Ltd. (Trinidad and Tobago)

Return to posts index

mikkell khan
Re: Replace image function in photoshop?
on Jan 29, 2010 at 1:51:59 am

Anyone? Anyone at all?

Mikkell Khan
Director

Return to posts index

mikkell khan
on Jan 29, 2010 at 6:46:21 pm

Never mind. I found that once you 'place' an image, and then right click on its layer, you will see an option to replace image...

Hope this helps anyone else who would want to know.

Mikkell Khan
Director

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
on Feb 1, 2010 at 11:26:10 am

"Never mind. I found that once you 'place' an image, and then right click on its layer, you will see an option to replace image... "

Even when you did not PLACE the image, you can do this. In that case you first context-click on the layer and select CONVERT TO SMART OBJECT. Then context click again on the same layer and select the REPLACE option.

Theo

Return to posts index

Tiffany Terry
on Jul 10, 2015 at 9:27:09 pm

I was trying to figure the same thing out when I ran across your post. I tried that, but in my case it was easier in the end to just hide the old picture and add the new one in its place. I can always delete the layer that contained the old image if I feel like it. We used to use Photoshop to create our department flyers... it's way too complicated for our needs, so we've since moved to In Design. I had to edit an existing flyer for an annual event, since I didn't want to create the wheel just to change a little bit of text and the new presenter's picture, LOL!!

Good luck to everyone else! Photoshop is not the most intuitive program in my opinion.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]