FORUMS: list search recent posts

strange selection problem

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Kimber
strange selection problem
on Jan 21, 2010 at 2:52:34 pm

Hi,

I'm not entirely sure why this is occurring suddenly. I don't know if I unintentionally changed a setting or what happened. I often use nudge to select the parts of a canvas that I want. Basically, I select the whole canvas and then hit the left and right arrow key to select the element that I want in order to use the paint bucket. Usually, if there are no breaks in the line, stroke, etc, that's no problem. It will select the outside part of the element I'm looking for, regardless of the alpha inside. Well, for some reason now, it's basically selecting the brush stroke, even though there are no alpha breaks in the original element. I even tried to paint a separate layer to make sure there were no alpha breaks and it still acted like there was one. Any ideas on what might be going on? Thanks!

-Sean

Return to posts index

Sean Kimber
Re: strange selection problem
on Jan 22, 2010 at 11:41:16 pm

It's also doing something strange where, if I try to use the subtract selection tool, it actually takes out a chunk of the image, rather than a chunk of the selection. I'm working in PS CS2. I've tried resetting the settings to the default but that didn't work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]