FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS4 crash with layer drag

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alisa Placas
CS4 crash with layer drag
on Jan 21, 2010 at 2:33:33 am

I've got Photoshop CS4 11.0.1 on a quad core intel xeon with OS 10.5.8 with 11GB of RAM.

I have been having a lot of crashes lately. All happen in the layer palette when dragging the position of one layer either up or down the stack of layers.
***I've also been getting crashes in After Effects CS4 when dragging items into or out of the project window.

I didn't seen anything about this on the Adobe Forum page. Is anyone else having this problem?

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
Re: CS4 crash with layer drag
on Jan 23, 2010 at 4:42:47 pm

Not sure on how pc's work but on a Mac I would first deleteing the Photoshop preferences, however since you mention that it is also happening in AE it might be a better idea to do a clean reinstall of your entire suite.

Return to posts index

Alisa Placas
on Jan 27, 2010 at 2:05:48 am

Thanks! I might have to try the complete reinstall. I'm dreading it because there were 'issues' in installing both of the applications. I'm sure it is somehow related to this crash thing, but adobe phone tech support had no insights on the matter.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Oct 6, 2010 at 10:52:28 pm

The After Effects CS4 (9.0.3) update fixes a crash with dragging and dropping. Please let us know after installing the update wheterh it fixed your problem.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]