FORUMS: list search recent posts

photoshop for medical research please

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elvis Cotena
photoshop for medical research please
on Jan 13, 2010 at 5:01:20 pm

Hi, very sorry if I'm in the wrong forum. Hope you can help or direct us to someone who might. I am involved in medical science and we have been analysing microscope slides for enzymes that code for a particular blue colour. We have imported the images into Photoshop CS2 and have been laboriously counting blue spots amongst a confusion of other colours and imagery. What we would dearly love to do is to eliminate everything else on the slide except that colour blue. I believe it should be possible with Photoshop but despite our combined best efforts can’t seem to make it work. Hope you can help.

Many, many thank.

Erubisu and the team

Return to posts index

John Mensinger
Re: photoshop for medical research please
on Jan 13, 2010 at 5:30:03 pm

My first thought is the Color Range command.

Choose Select > Color Range.

Use the dropper to sample the desired blue, then use the fuzziness slider to broaden or narrow the range of variation. At a fuzziness of 5-10, you should be isolating your sampled color effectively. Enabling the Localized Clusters feature may be useful as well.

Click OK to return to the image with your Color range results manifested as a selection. You could delete all else, or convert to a layer mask as a non-destructive means of isolating your blue.

John M:
All of the vim with none of that annoying vigor.

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
Re: photoshop for medical research please
on Jan 13, 2010 at 6:22:17 pm

If you have to count blue dots (is this something like LacZ, beta gal or nuclear bodies?), you might be better off with a program like Blobfinder, which you can download here for free:

http://www.cb.uu.se/~amin/BlobFinder/index_files/Page430.htm

Theo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]