FORUMS: list search recent posts

Working with VIdeo

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Borowiec
Working with VIdeo
on Dec 30, 2009 at 6:46:48 pm

Hi. I have importing a video into Photoshop shop and I want to draw over the video on a new layer. But, I want to effect multiple frames at once. Is there anyway to draw on video in real time? I basically just want to make it look like someone is scribbling on the video as it is playing. And I really can't do it frame by frame.

Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Eddy Rose
Re: Working with VIdeo
on Dec 31, 2009 at 7:56:54 pm

there's no way to color on a video in real time in Photoshop,, but what you can do is bring the video into AE go to Composition>Add to Render Queue and in the RenderQueue window click on OutputModule then choose to export it as a filmstrip rather than a Quicktime.

What you will wind up with is a .flm which is basically every frame of your video lined up on a single image. Then bring it into photoshop and scribble on it to your hearts content. You can even do simple animations, for instance, if you want a wiggly line in your video, draw a line down the film strip. Be sure that when you're done you save it in it's original .flm format.

Now here's the cool thing,, you can bring the .flm image into AE and it plays it like a video! The drawings on top will be jumpy and jittery, so this technique is great for scribbles. Just export it as a quicktime when you're done.

*Note:You may want to change the frame rate of the original comp so the filmstrip doesn't have too many images

This technique is also great for adding noise and grain to create an old time movie effect, or for applying PS filters that AE doesn't have.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Working with VIdeo
on Jan 2, 2010 at 7:27:42 am

Filmstrip format is dead.

You can open video in PS Extended and paint.

You can also do this in AE and Motion.

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]