FORUMS: list search recent posts

gpu hardware acceleration disabled in photoshop

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Christ McCulloch
gpu hardware acceleration disabled in photoshop
on Dec 27, 2009 at 1:37:38 pm

Hi,
Since a few days I had problems with all of my adobe cs4 products and more in peticular photoshop and premiere. Crashing and on startup photoshop mentioned that it had to disable the gpu hardware rendering due to that. I was going crazy 'caus all went well before.

In addition to that my desktop redraw was very very slow. Like closing or minimizing a window took about one or two seconds. But the weird thing was that when a window was opened and I openend another one on top of that, the redraw problem was gone. (But not the problems in adobe.

So I searched for hours and hours and read countless forums and articles. But... ofcourse to no avail :)

I got answers like:

Graphics card degenerated...
Memory flaws... buy other ones...
Your motherboard is on the verge of dying...
Reinstall windows...

You know, the most common and thus rediculous answers.

I uninstalled my Nvidia geforce 7300gs drivers and reinstalled it. But to no avail.
On windows update there was a .netFrame update I couldn't finish so I uninstalled everything, did an installer cleanup, and reinstalled the whole bunch.

But you guested it right: to no avail...

But.... I have found the nasty culprit!

The solution is as simple as:

UNINSTALL WINDOWS INTERNET EXPLORER 8 !!!!

Now everything is working normal again.

No more slow redraws on the desktop and Photoshop doesn't disable the gpu hardware rendering anymore. So that is back to smooth as babycheecks :):)

So people, before going crazy on nvidia (or whatever cardmanufacturer you have) or Adobe:

The culprit is definitely not them but Microsoft.

Happy Hollydays you all!

Return to posts index

Mike Gondek
Re: gpu hardware acceleration disabled in photoshop
on Dec 28, 2009 at 4:48:18 pm

THANKS for sharing! Yet another IE Explorer bug, does it ever end?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]