FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photoshop Acting Weird

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zevie Tannenbaum
Photoshop Acting Weird
on Dec 15, 2009 at 10:20:25 am

Hi,

I have a problem with Photoshop. When I apply an adjustment, such as curves, Photoshop applies curves for all the layers below it and just to the layer selected (this is not an adjustment layer). I have deleted the preferences and even reinstalled the whole CS4 Suite.

I'm on a mac and I repaired the disk permissions using Disk Utility and I got this message, "Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired."

Apple states that here,http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1448?viewlocale=en_US that I can safely ignore the message.

I'm running OSX 10.6.2 and currently downloading a very large update from Adobe for the whole CS4 Suite, which hopefully will fix it...

Any ideas,
Zevie

Return to posts index

Theo van Laar
Re: Photoshop Acting Weird
on Dec 15, 2009 at 12:06:17 pm

When you add an adjustment layer like CURVES, it will affect all layers below. But when you press on a PC Alt + plus the symbol for new adjustment layer (or press LAYER-NEW ADJUSTMENT LAYER from the menu) you will get a popup menu. Select in this popup menu the option USE PREVIOUS LAYER TO CREATE CLIPPING MASK, the adjustment layer will only work for the layer directly below.

Theo

Return to posts index

Zevie Tannenbaum
Re: Photoshop Acting Weird
on Dec 15, 2009 at 1:01:12 pm

Thanks a lot Theo, you really helped me :D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]