FORUMS: list search recent posts

Downsize DVD Menu without pixelation?

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian Petterson
Downsize DVD Menu without pixelation?
on Dec 10, 2009 at 6:38:44 pm

Hello!

I created a DVD Menu in photoshop, but realized late that I had made it using DV pixel aspect ratio of 0.9 (I wanted it to look sharp, so I created it as 3000x2000, with 300DPI). When I put it into FCP and then exported it as an m2v, it was stretched out. I realize that I should have originally made it with the widescreen pixel aspect ratio of 1.2.

Now, when I adjust the image size to 720x480 with 72 DPI and 1.2 aspect ratio, the image is pixelated. This also happens when I create a new image with the widescreen template, and then copy my 3000x2000 layers into it and resize them.

Is there any way to resize to the new size and aspect ratio and keep the crisp pixels of the original, or do I have to go ahead and restart the whole thing?

-Brian

Return to posts index

Bob Peterson
Re: Downsize DVD Menu without pixelation?
on Dec 10, 2009 at 10:52:17 pm

If you are using text, the text is probably pixelating when you reduce the resolution. Before changing the resolution, rasterize and/or flatten the image. Then use bicubic sharper to reduce the size.

Most video editors are more interested in the correct ratio between the horizontal and vertical dimensions than in an actual pixel count. That means you may not have to reduce the resolution if you simply adjust the horizontal and vertical dimensions to produce the desired ratio. with that said, I usually prefer to resize in Photoshop rather than depending on the video editor.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]