FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS4 batch automation photoshop layers

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ken drakeford
CS4 batch automation photoshop layers
on Nov 26, 2009 at 4:29:43 pm

Hi all in forumland. Im doing my usual headbanging routine because I can't get something to work. I thought it would be simple enough but 0.

I have opened up a movie clip with sevevral hundred layers in it. I have created an action script and no matter what I try I can only do one at a time. I tried batch automation but I get the message the command xxx is not currently available. Which means Im not doing something right or missing out something.

Anyone any ideas what might be happening?

regards - Ken

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: CS4 batch automation photoshop layers
on Nov 26, 2009 at 8:02:47 pm

Either use extended. Open clip as mov. Convert smart object. Apply filter.

Or. Export image sequence from video app. Use batch or image processor on folder. Then reassemble image sequence with video app.

Return to posts index

ken drakeford
on Nov 26, 2009 at 9:51:20 pm

So many thanks Richard. I firstly tried making the frames a smart object but some of the actions would not work so I then tried your option 2 to make an image sequence and that worked a treat. At least now I know where Im going.. well ... for the next 20 mins or so -

kind regards - Ken

Return to posts index

ken drakeford
FLV file created in Psd will not import into Flash project
on Nov 28, 2009 at 10:23:27 am

It's amazing that for something Im not used to doing - absolutely every step of the way there's a dead end. A learning curve is hundreds of dead ends joined together. I finally managed to get photoshop extended CS4 to render an animated video. It worked a treat.

But.

Now I'm trying to import the files I created into Flash. I saved them as FLV's which Flash should read. But when I try importing them into the library - I get a message that they're not proper FLV files. I've an option to open AME. The first attempt to re-encode them fails but the second attempt succeeds.

Then when I import the clips the first frame is visible. I can't run it. I can't drag and drop it on the work area. It won't play.

Anyone ever have this problem before?

regards - Ken

Return to posts index

ken drakeford
on Nov 28, 2009 at 2:18:53 pm

Thiunk I just managed a workaround. Now onto the next problem. Problem no 1,000. How do I fast motion a clip in Flash.Life's never easy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]