FORUMS: list search recent posts

Pen Pressure with no tablet

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Justin Breen
Pen Pressure with no tablet
on Nov 1, 2009 at 3:03:41 pm

Hey guys, I do not have a tablet or "pen" to simulate pen pressure and I really need my strokes/lines to have the fades at the end. I click the simulate pen pressure in shape dynamics but there is a yellow error icon next to the control and the lines never fade... I have been looking on forums to fix the problem but no luck. Is there ANY way to make my pen pressure work without actually having a pen?

Thanks
Justin Breen
OMEGA BLACK MULTIMEDIA

Return to posts index

Art Doerge
Re: Pen Pressure with no tablet
on Nov 1, 2009 at 6:35:26 pm

Hi Justin,

Selecting "Pen Pressure" in the control menu does not mean it will "simulate" pen pressure. It means that you are choosing to control your brush size, angle, or roundness using your pen tablet. Obviously, if you don't have a pen tablet installed, that choice is not going to work for you :-) The only choice that will work for you (other than "Off") is "Fade". Select that choice and just use the sliders for your settings. If you try to use the Pen Pressure choice, Photoshop will put the warning icon up as a reminder that you don't have a pen tablet installed. Choosing "Fade" will remove that warning icon.

Here's a link to a good web page that explains a lot about the Shape Dynamics dialog.

http://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/brushes/photoshop-brush-shape-dyn...

Hope this is helpful.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]