FORUMS: list search recent posts

Image number problem

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bryan Myhr
Image number problem
on Oct 19, 2009 at 3:19:24 pm

I shot a series of photographs of dancers at 8.5 fps. I usually batch rename files with Bridge CS4, sort by date created. This time it was a problem, I think it is because I renamed the files incorrectly the first time, but now what I have is all of the images in semi-mixed up order. For each second there are 8.5 images, and bridge doesn't know what order to put those 8 images (because the date/time only goes down to the second). I didn't retain the original file name in the metadata (doh). If it helps the images were shot with a 1D Mark II.

I was able to look into the metadata and the aux:ImageNumber still counts the correct sequence, is there any way to sort images by aux:ImageNumber, perhaps not with Bridge, but with some other software? I need to get these images back in order, and there are several hundred, I don't want to do it manually. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Bryan Myhr
Re: Image number problem
on Nov 4, 2009 at 3:29:58 pm

I ended up figuring this out, a colleague recommended "Photo Mechanic", if you define a custom "sort by" to order images by actuation number, it solved the problem and re-named the files correctly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]