FORUMS: list search recent posts

save to aperture library

COW Forums : Adobe Photoshop

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joe jukes
save to aperture library
on Oct 15, 2009 at 7:47:18 pm

Hi.

I have recently started to use Aperture as a library for my photos.

I know it edits RAW files pretty nicely, but I am more used to, and prefer Camera RAW in Photoshop CS4.

I have got round the fact that Aperture converts to a TIFF before sending into photoshop, and therefore not having the Camera RAW dialogue opened, by using the preferences in bridge so that it opens everything as a RAW.

So everything is how I want it, except that now when I save in photoshop, it comes up with the save as dialogue, not enabling me to put the PS edited version back into the aperture library automatically.

Is there a work around for this other than just using Aperture to change the raw settings?

Ta,

joe.

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: save to aperture library
on Oct 19, 2009 at 4:26:54 am

Aperture is designed to be the primary image editor.... handing off to PS for edits beyind what you've done in Aperture.

It expects that you've made edits in Aperture that you then want to make additional changes to in another app.

So it bakes the files to TIFF and opens that. When you close and save it updates.

You can always export the Raw Files back out... or not use the managed library approach and just reveal the files in finder. Then you can open with Camera Raw.

You do have to import the image back into your library however with this method (as you are creating a new file when you open the Raw file in Camera Raw.)

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]